Car Rental – Three Major Traps To Avoid Seven Seater Car Hire?
There are three major traps most people do not consider when they are looking to rent a car. Seven Seater Car Hire in JHB these can significantly make your pay more and result in a financial disaster. Before you rent a car, keep the following in mind:
1. Search Wide for the Best Deal
The rules of getting the best deal are universal: you have to search wide. Many people simply go for the car rental agency that is near their neighborhood or that they are used to. While this is convenient, it can be very expensive. You have to search and compare the rates and terms of different car rental agencies to get the best deal.
Use the Internet to do your search. This is more convenient and faster. Travel price-comparison websites like Orbitz, Travelocity and Expedia can help you find a good deal. Unfortunately, there is not one of them that guarantees the lowest price. You have to confirm at the car rental agency’s website or call their customer care office to confirm the prices.
Car Rental Tips - To Be Considered Before Finalizing the Deal
a) Fuel Charges: If you took the car with its tank full, refill the tank before returning the car. Otherwise, you will have to pay fuel levy fees for the “empty” tank even if it is just a couple of inches below the threshold line.
b) Late Fees: Most agencies will give you a grace period of 60 minutes but will then charge you late hourly fees. If you are late enough, you may have to pay for an extra day. Late fees are usually high and you could end up paying more than you did for the car rental. On the day when you are supposed to return the car, check the local traffic and weather conditions and start your trip early to avoid being late.
The above are three major things that you should consider before renting a car. They will help to keep your costs down.
Interesting Facts About Seven Seater Car Hire in Johannesburg south:
About Seven Seater Car Hire in Johannesburg south:
There are many horror stories out there about people who have returned vehicles to a car rental location only to hear later that they are being accused of damage that they are not aware of. While many people think that the "car rental company is out to get them" when this happens, it is usually an unfortunate clerical error rather then any maliciousness. However, at times, many renters returned vehicles that have been damaged while they were on rent even though they did not know it occurred. So keep in mind that the possibility exists.
Here are some things you can do if you find out that you have been accused of car rental damage.
1. Remain calm. Nothing infuriates car rental counter agents more than an enraged customer who makes all kinds of threat that they cannot follow up on. If you remain calm, it is more likely that the agents will help you.
If it is proven that the car rental damage is yours, you will likely be surprised at how expensive it is to repair. Car rental companies do not make money on car repairs but car repairs are very, very expensive and most people are unaware at how pricey it can be. You may however be charged "downtime" to cover for the amount of time that your car was not rentable.
If the damage was not yours, however, using these ideas should help you solve the issue quickly.
Seven Seater Car Hire in Johannesburg south
Car rentals provide us convenient and comfortable option of traveling in any city. Car rental service is now boosted in all small towns and big cities of India. But this service is more popular in tourist places. Tourists find it easy to hire car along with driver to explore the city. They do not need to hire an additional guide to explore the attractions of the city. The driver of the rental car is enough to let them guide about the city. The driver let the tourists visit all popular attractions of the city. But one should remain conscious while hiring a private car as some companies are fraud and out the travelers into trouble. So, consider safety before finalizing the deal.
These are the tips that you need to consider before you finalize the deal.
• Always hire the car from a registered rental companies. The car and the company must be registered from the state transport registration board.
• Check the registration card of the car and the driving license of the car before finalizing the deal. Some companies run business on stolen card and so not keep licensed drivers. This can be problematic to you if caught by the traffic cop.
• Understand the rental fee: Different companies charge in different mode. Some companies include fuel cost in the rental fee and some companies ask for additional fuel cost. If fuel cost in not included, you should focus on the mileage. Hire the car that has good mileage.
• Choose the conditioned car: Some cars with the companies are very old and roughly handled. Do not hire such car as it will exhaust you and you will be forced to have bad travel experience. Hire a well maintained car and enjoy the journey.
• Focus on terms and conditions: See whether there is any term or condition in case of fee or thing. Clear all terms and conditions before finalizing the deal. Also enquire against the hidden charge.
• Ask for the required accessories and check them before you make the drive: You should ask for the free accessories that the car rental company is providing. Ask for some extra accessories that you need. Check all demanded accessories before you drive the car.
These are the things that you must consider before you finalize the deal. It is advisable to you to hire local car rentals to get the best deal. Suppose if you are going for golden triangle tour, you can hire a single car to travel all destinations Delhi, Jaipur and Agra. But it will not be interesting and also it will be costlier. So, prefer car rental Agra to get the breathtaking view of Taj Mahal and explore other attractions of the city. Hire Jaipur car rental to explore the pinkish charm of the city. If you want economic travel, you can explore the attraction of Delhi with metro as it is routed in all corners. However, you are free to hire car in Delhi. If you do not want to change the car, you can hire car rental Rajasthan. Rajasthan based companies are in the business for tourism purpose and will let you explore all hot attractions of the North India.
Car Rentals and Unlimited Free Mileage, Its Evolution
From the beginning of time car rentals were only available on a per day, per week, per mile basis. You rented a car and paid for the time used and the miles driven. However it was only a question of time and circumstances before car rentals would be offered with free mileage.
In 1967 my partner and I took over a bankrupt car rental company and had three rental stations, Miami, 5th Street on South Beach and the third in Ft. Lauderdale. At the time Yellow Rent A Car, owned by Yellow Cab of Miami, with rental stations in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale was offering a sub-compact car with unlimited free mileage at $45 a week. They were the first and only car rental company with free mileage but with a one week minimum rental requirement.
I can not tell you what year they first offered free mileage but I can guess why. They were only in South Florida, they were only dealing with the leisure market and Disney World 200 miles north was not open. Renters did not use a lot of miles. The competitive rate for a sub-compact car back in the 1960s was $5 per day, $25 per week [5 times the daily rental] and 5 cents per mile. With a one week minimum rental at $25 and with their weekly rate of $45 they would have the difference, or $20, to cover the cost of the miles. At 5 cents a mile the client could use up to 400 miles for the week and the rental would be a wash. I found out later that this was a winner for Yellow Rent A Car.
To my knowledge Yellow Rent A Car was the granddaddy of free mileage. Their caveat was a one week minimum. My partner and I, owners of Capital Rent A Car took it one step further. We were the first to offer unlimited free mileage one day or more. One week minimum rental did not apply. It couldn't get any better than that and I will tell you how it evolved.
We first published in CATM in 1970 and I mention this because I previously stated that we, Capital Rent A Car, was the first to offer unlimited free mileage one day or more. To substantiate this claim I must mention that in 1942 I was in my seventh grade Shop class and the teacher claimed that he invented the airplane before the Wright brothers. I am not kidding you and maybe he did. But if he did he didn't tell anyone so Wilbur and Orville got the credit.
Maybe we weren't the first with unlimited free miles and maybe someone in Okemos. MI or Rockford, IL did. But if they did they didn't tell anyone. We did by being in a national publication, CATM. So we are going to take the credit for being the first. The next time you rent a car and don't pay for mileage you can thank us.
For those out there who wish to contest our claim please contact me at my email address below, You can also read another one of my Ezine Articles, "Start A Major Car Rental Company", dealing with the car rental business at the resource below.
- Hire A Seven Seater Morningside
- Rent A Seven Seater Roodepoort
- Seven Seater Cars Rosebank
- Hire A Seven Seater For The Day Centurion
- 7 Seater Van Hire Fourways
- 6 Seater Van Hire Sunninghill
- 9 Seater Van Hire Northgate
- 7 Seater Van Parkhurst
- Six Seater Van Hire Parkmore
- 9 Seater Van East Rand
- 6 Seater Vans For Hire Rivonia
- Seven Seater Van Hire Gauteng
- 7 Seater Vans For Hire South Africa
- Seven Seater Van Duxberry
- Eight Seater Van Johannesburg south